The Damma 550L/Damma 700L thermal insulation sheets are made by combining mica paper with silicone adhesives. These insulators have excellent machinability with electrical insulation/heat resistance/thermal insulation properties.
- (1) Excellent heat resistance (550L: 550℃, 700L: 700℃)
- (2) The lamination effect of mica scales achieves flexural strength and compressive strength that are several times stronger compared to normal insulators, which allows for use in structural materials.
- (3) Excellent arc resistance/corona resistance/tracking resistance/withstand voltage.
- (4) Easy to perform machine processing such as machining/drilling. We can custom-make various shapes for washers, flanges, etc.
- (1) Thermal insulating washers for electrical furnace
- (2) Thermal insulating plates for induction furnace
- (3) Thermal insulating parts for FA equipment
- (4) Insulating flanges for high-temperature fluid piping
- Composition and standard dimensions
Damma 550Ｌ Damma 700Ｌ Mica Mica paper based on uncalcined muscovite Mica paper based on phlogopite Binder Silicone Thickness (mm) 1.2 to 30.0 Width × length (mm) 500 × 1000
Damma 550Ｌ Damma 700Ｌ Nominal thickness mm 10 10 Apparent density kg/m3 2.2 × 103 2.1 × 103 Loss of mass by heating (550℃× 2 hr) wt% 0.75 0.70 Flexural strength MPa 130 120 Tensile strength MPa 150 135 Insulation resistance Normal state MΩ 2000 or more 2000 or more At high temperature Dielectric breakdown strength kV/mm 35 33 Compressive strength MPa 400 300 Young's modulus GPa Linear expansion coefficient 1/K 9 to 12 × 10 6 9 to 12 × 10 6 Thermal conductivity W/m·K 0.22 0.22 Arc resistance sec 420 or more 420 or more Comparative tracking index (CTI) V 600 or more 600 or more
*Measured in compliance with JIS C 2116 and JIS K 6911
*The above values are examples from tests, and are not guaranteed values.