The D461 and MCT-BS high-voltage resistant sheets are made by combining mica paper with epoxy resin.
They are also used for bulkhead plates (barrier plates) and rigidity reinforcement boards in high-voltage equipment. They provide excellent electrical insulation even though the board is thin, and is therefore useful for making insulation materials thinner and lighter.
MCT-BS has obtained the UL94 V-0 standard.
- (1) Excellent in corona resistance, arc resistance and tracking resistance, and also have good high-frequency property.
- (2) Thanks to excellent workability, cutting, machining, and punching can be done easily.
- (3) These products are unlikely to warp, and possess high mechanical strength.
- (4) They have excellent resistance to water.
- (5) In the field of materials for electrical appliances and electronic devices, they can contribute to weight reduction, flame proofing, and cost reduction.
- (1) Electrical insulation bulkhead plates in switch boards
- (2) Shield (barrier) for aerial switches
- (3) Insulation washers and spacers
- (4) Heat-resistant insulation reinforcing plates
Composition and standard dimensions
|Mica||Mica paper based on uncalcined muscovite|
|Standard thickness (mm)||0.20 to 20.00|
|Width × length (mm)||600 × 1000|
|Apparent density||kg/m3||2.2 × 103||2.3 × 103|
|Dielectric breakdown strength||kV/mm||56||39|
|Insulation resistance||Normal state||MΩ||2000 or more||2000 or more|
|Surface resistivity||Ω||7 × 1014||3 × 1014|
|Elastic modulus in bending||GPa||55||48|
|Comparative tracking index (CTI)||V||600||600|
|Combustibility||94V-1 (t1.0 mm or more)||94V-0|
|94V-0 (t5.0 mm or more)|
*Measured in compliance with JIS C 2116 and JIS K 6911.
*The above values are examples from tests, and are not guaranteed values.