Mica tape for fireproof cable is mainly used for the fire-resistant layers in fireproof cables.
It is made of mica paper and reinforcements bonded with silicone adhesive which has excellent resistance to heat.
Also, the OMF-8 has obtained the UL94 V-0 standard. (UL File No.E58537)
The DG88-AN coated with an adhesive having slight adhesiveness for work is used for cable joint sections.
- (1) Excellent electrical properties under high temperature conditions.
- (2) Uniform thicknesses and properties.
- (3) Highly flexible and easy to wind, which provides good fitting to conductors.
- (4) DG88-AN is easy to work with, as it contains adhesive on one side.
- (1) Fireproof cables
- (2) Connection of fireproof cables
- (3) H-class dry type transformers
- (4) Insulation of highly heated parts of soldering iron, etc.
Composition, standard dimensions and general properties
|Mica||Mica paper based on phlogopite|
||Double-sided polyethylene film
|Standard dimensions||Thickness (mm)||0.13||0.15||0.18||0.13||0.13||0.18||0.15|
|Width (mm)||6 or more||6 or more||19|
|Length (m)||300, 600 (Negotiable)
||300, 600 (Negotiable)
|Product weight (g/m2)||210||230||285||210||210||290|
|Binder content (wt%)||10 or less||10 or less||10 or less||30 or less|
|Tensile strength (N/10 mm wide)||20||20||65||60|
|Dielectric breakdown voltage (kV)||6||6||1.8||2||1.5|
|Adhesion strength at room temperature (N/20 mm wide)||0 (this is not an adhesive tape)||1.5|
|Insulation resistance at high temperature (MΩ)||1.0 or more||1.0 or more||1.0 or more|
*Measured in compliance with JIS C 2116.
*Adhesion strength of DG88-AN deteriorates in high-temperature atmosphere.
*Measurement method of insulation resistance at high temperature: SP method (Please contact us for more information.)
*The above values are examples from tests, and are not guaranteed values.