Mica tape for fireproof cable is mainly used for the fire-resistant layers in fireproof cables.
It is made of mica paper and reinforcements bonded with silicone adhesive which has excellent resistance to heat.
Also, the OMF-8 has obtained the UL94 V-0 standard. (UL File No.E58537)
The DG88-AN coated with an adhesive having slight adhesiveness for work is used for cable joint sections.
- (1) Excellent electrical properties under high temperature conditions.
- (2) Uniform thicknesses and properties.
- (3) Highly flexible and easy to wind, which provides good fitting to conductors.
- (4) DG88-AN is easy to work with, as it contains adhesive on one side.
- (1) Fireproof cables
- (2) Connection of fireproof cables
- (3) H-class dry type transformers
- (4) Insulation of highly heated parts of soldering iron, etc.
- Composition, standard dimensions and general properties
MAT-1 MAT-2B OMF-8 DG88-AN Mica Mica paper based on phlogopite Binder Silicone Reinforcement Polyethylene film Double-sided polyethylene film Glass cloth Standard dimensions Thickness (mm) 0.13 0.15 0.18 0.13 0.13 0.18 0.15 Width (mm) 6 or more 6 or more 19 Length (m) 300, 600 (Negotiable) 300, 600 (Negotiable) 30, 50 Product weight (g/m2) 210 230 285 210 210 290 Binder content (wt%) 10 or less 10 or less 10 or less 30 or less Tensile strength (N/10 mm wide) 20 20 65 60 Dielectric breakdown voltage (kV) 6 6 1.8 2 1.5 Adhesion strength at room temperature (N/20 mm wide) 0 (this is not an adhesive tape) 1.5 Insulation resistance at high temperature (MΩ) 1.0 or more 1.0 or more 1.0 or more
*Measured in compliance with JIS C 2116.
*Adhesion strength of DG88-AN deteriorates in high-temperature atmosphere.
*Measurement method of insulation resistance at high temperature: SP method (Please contact us for more information.)
*The above values are examples from tests, and are not guaranteed values.