The D461/D461S rigidity reinforcement insulation sheets are mica sheets developed for the purpose of reducing the weight and reinforcing the rigidity of mechanical components used for laptops. The D461S is a product that has improved the surface smoothness of D461.
- (1) They have excellent strength, and fragments are not scattered even when subjected to impact.
- (2) They have high compressive strength and can be designed to thin and lighten the product for its slight curve and warp.
- (3) Thanks to excellent workability, cutting, machining, and punching can be done easily.
- (4) They have obtained the UL94-V1 standard. (D461: from 1 mm, D461S: from 0.3 mm)
- (5) They have smooth surface and texture like glass.
- (1) Rigidity reinforcement board for laptops
- (2) Touchpad inductor
Composition and standard dimensions
|Mica||Mica paper based on uncalcined muscovite|
|Standard thickness (mm)||0.20 to 20.00||0.30 to 1.0|
|Standard dimensions (mm)||600 × 1000|
Other sizes are available upon request.
|Apparent density||kg/m3||2.4 × 103||2.5 × 103|
|Dielectric breakdown strength||wt%||46||30 or more|
|Insulation resistance||Normal state||MΩ||2000 or more||2000 or more|
|Surface resistivity||Ω||1× 1012 or more||1× 1012 or more|
|Dielectric constant||60Hz||F/m||5 to 7|
|1MHｚ||5 to 7|
|Dielectric tangent||60Hz||%||0.3 to 0.5|
|1MHｚ||0.6 to 0.8|
|Flexural strength||MPa||372 to 402||540|
|Elastic modulus in bending||110|
|Surface roughness (Ra)||μm||0.62|
|Comparative tracking index (CTI)||V||600|
|Combustibility||94V-1 (t1.0 mm or more)||94V-1 (t0.3 mm or more)|
|94V-0 (t5.0 mm or more)|
*Measured in compliance with JIS C 2116 and JIS K 6911.
*The above values are examples from tests, and are not guaranteed values.