The D461/D461S rigidity reinforcement insulation sheets are mica sheets developed for the purpose of reducing the weight and reinforcing the rigidity of mechanical components used for laptops. The D461S is a product that has improved the surface smoothness of D461.
- (1) They have excellent strength, and fragments are not scattered even when subjected to impact.
- (2) They have high compressive strength and can be designed to thin and lighten the product for its slight curve and warp.
- (3) Thanks to excellent workability, cutting, machining, and punching can be done easily.
- (4) They have obtained the UL94-V1 standard. (D461: from 1 mm, D461S: from 0.3 mm)
- (5) They have smooth surface and texture like glass.
- (1) Rigidity reinforcement board for laptops
- (2) Touchpad inductor
- Composition and standard dimensions
D461 D461S Mica Mica paper based on uncalcined muscovite Binder Epoxy Standard thickness (mm) 0.20 to 20.00 0.30 to 1.0 Standard dimensions (mm) 600 × 1000
Other sizes are available upon request.
D461 D461S Nominal thickness mm 0.55 0.7 Apparent density kg/m3 2.4 × 103 2.5 × 103 Dielectric breakdown strength wt% 46 30 or more Insulation resistance Normal state MΩ 2000 or more 2000 or more Surface resistivity Ω 1× 1012 or more 1× 1012 or more Dielectric constant 60Hz F/m 5 to 7 1MHｚ 5 to 7 Dielectric tangent 60Hz % 0.3 to 0.5 1MHｚ 0.6 to 0.8 Flexural strength MPa 372 to 402 540 Elastic modulus in bending 110 Thermal conductivity W/m·K Surface roughness (Ra) μm 0.62 Comparative tracking index (CTI) V 600 Combustibility 94V-1 (t1.0 mm or more) 94V-1 (t0.3 mm or more) 94V-0 (t5.0 mm or more)
*Measured in compliance with JIS C 2116 and JIS K 6911.
*The above values are examples from tests, and are not guaranteed values.